WHITESNAKE / COVERDALE

Raskaamman musiikin keskustelut
Teutates

Re: WHITESNAKE - 2015

Post by Teutates »

Hirveetä köntsäähän tämä on alkaen muovisista ja hengettömistä bulkkisoundeista ja päätyen mauttomiin ja tyylitajuttomiin kitarasooloihin. Hyi helvetti. Onneksi tosiaan alkuperäiset on saatavilla edelleen ja ne kannattaakin ostaa ennemmin kuin tämä protools-versio kokoelma. Saa vielä tämän hinnalla vissiin kaksi originaalia - alessa kun täitavat löytyä.
Munamankeli

Post by Munamankeli »

Blabbermouthissa suurinta huomiota saa Drea de Matteo, mutta vielä mielenkiinoisempaa on, että Tommylla on Campagnolon kuitukiekot (ajassa 10:20). Whitesnaken keikkakunto on arvion mukaan muutenkin kohdallaan.
[youtube]vtutNN326xk[/youtube]
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Good To Be Bad ja Forevermore -tasoista kun tulee, niin kelpaahan se!
DAVID COVERDALE: 'I Have No Desire To Hang Up My Rock And Roll Sneakers Just Yet'

December 23, 2015

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/david- ... -just-yet/

WHITESNAKE frontman David Coverdale says that he has changed his mind about retiring, explaining that the last few months of being on the road with his current band have "re-energized" him and inspired him to work on new music.

WHITESNAKE is touring in support of its twelfth studio album, "The Purple Album", which was released in May via Frontiers Music Srl. The effort is billed as "a re-imagination of classic songs from Coverdale's time as the lead singer for DEEP PURPLE's Mark III and Mark IV studio albums." Coverdale was DEEP PURPLE's frontman from late 1973 to early 1976 and sang on the albums "Burn", "Stormbringer" and "Come Taste The Band".

Speaking to Macedonia's Metropolis Radio, Coverdale stated about what it has been like to perform classic PURPLE material after so many years (hear audio below): "The songs don't feel old when we perform them. Yesterday, I was listening to some of the live recordings from the U.S. tour, and they're fucking amazing. This band is great. They play WHITESNAKE music, of course, fantastic, but they play DEEP PURPLE music fantastic. It's definitely even more so than on the record. It's very powerful and you can tell the musicians are enjoying themselves and you can see it and you can hear it. And hopefully you can feel it too."

David went on to explain that "The Purple Album" was originally going to mark the end of his recording career but has since turned out to be the catalyst for the new WHITESNAKE band to work on new material. He said: "Well, it's interesting, because when I was mixing 'The Purple Album' with my co-producer Michael McIntyre and Reb [Beach, WHITESNAKE guitarist], it felt to me…You know, I was 63 years old, and I'm going, 'Man, how long do I have to do this? This would be a perfect closure for me — to finish as I started.' But it's just kind of… In essence, it's re-energized me. I still write new music. We'll be recording some new music next year. But it's just revitalized me… re-renergized. That's all I can say. So any ideas that I had six months ago of retiring… I was totally honest, when I was making interviews, that I thought, you know, 'This is probably it.' But I had an incredibly good time on this U.S. tour with my musicians. It was incredible."

He continued: "It was very important to us not just to… An amazing discovery for me, when I rediscovered this music, was how fucking incredible DEEP PURPLE was. 'Cause I'm not a nostalgic guy. I don't listen to this music all the time; not at all. I had to reintroduce myself to these songs. And it wasn't a situation of just recreating them; it was a situation of reinventing some of them. There was not one moment that I said to any of my musicians, 'I want you to play this like Ian Paice.' 'I want you to play this like Tommy Bolin or Glenn Hughes.' The musicians, starting with Tommy Aldridge on drums, came in and made their individual statement on these songs. Everybody contributed to this project in the most positive way, and even now that we've been performing these songs, it's even better than when we were recording them. And it just makes it more inspiring to look at the future for new stuff, with these guys. They are fabulous musicians, great people. I have no desire to hang up my rock and roll sneakers just yet."
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Näin on; muuallakin hoettua miten tuo tuorein albumikaksikko & kiertueensa ovat kelvanneet hyvin tänne. Eikä mulla ole Restless Heart & Into The Light -levyjen ystävänäkään mitään sitä vastaan jos Cov' tekisi tuollaista rauhallista fiilistelymatskua enemmänkin nyt, jos ja kun aikoo vielä levyttää. Vaikka onhan niilläkin ne pienet mutta sitäkin väkevämmät hard rock-hetkensä (nimibiisi '97 & Don't Lie To Me '2000), niin ehkä on huomannut itsekin lavalta käsin, miten paljon paremmin nuo slovarit sopivat nyt uran yöpuolella...
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Wsnake julkaistiin eilen 29.7. KuopioRockiin :arrow: http://yle.fi/uutiset/brittiyhtye_white ... si/8661581

Greates Hits-teema kuulemma, eikä enää Purple Album, jonka myötä heitettiin vielä joulukuun keikat Def Leppardin kanssa.
Sabbathman

Re: WHITESNAKE - Retirement...In The Still Of The Night?

Post by Sabbathman »

Retirement...In The Still Of The Night?
WHITESNAKE's DAVID COVERDALE Is Contemplating Retirement In 2017

April 10, 2016 19 Comments

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/whites ... t-in-2017/

Former DEEP PURPLE and current WHITESNAKE frontman David Coverdale says that he is contemplating retiring in 2017 on the 30th anniversary of the release of one of the best-selling hard rock albums in history, WHITESNAKE's "1987".

During an interview with RollingStone.com that focused primarily on DEEP PURPLE's induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Coverdale said: "I was trying to retire. I released a thing called 'The Purple Album', which I thought, after losing Jon Lord [former DEEP PURPLE keyboardist] in 2012, I'd received a message from his representative to say, 'He's determined to kick this. Would you be there for some kind of PURPLE reunion thing?' I said, 'Tell him I'm there for him.' And sadly he didn't recover. But I reached out to [former DEEP PURPLE guitarist Ritchie] Blackmore after 30 years of hostility to bury the hatchet and with no other agenda other than to share the sadness and sorrow. And we started communicating into 2013 when he asked me to speak to his manager about working together and doing either Blackmore/Coverdale or some kind of PURPLE thing. And really, I love what I do! Knowing me, I started working on revamping or contemporizing 'Burn' songs. I thought, 'He's not going to want to do 'Come Taste The Band' [songs that were originally recorded] with Tommy [Bolin], God rest his soul. But, sorry, I thought, with his wife, he has BLACKMORE'S NIGHT, and I thought, I'll rearrange the song 'Sail Away' for us to do as this renaissance duet kind of thing. But I couldn't agree with the ideas that they had. So I thought, well, this will be my farewell album. Glad I came in! But it did so fucking well, it's like now, I'm looking at retiring next year on the 30th anniversary of the '1987' album."
Pike Bishop

Post by Pike Bishop »

Niin...uskoako tuota nyt sitten. Kaverin kanssa just muisteltiin että ekan kerran oltiin Whitesnaken jäähyväiskiertueen keikalla vuonna 1997...
Metalliluola

Post by Metalliluola »

Onnittelut 30-vuotiaalle "1987"-klassikolle arvion muodossa:

http://metalliluola.fi/whitesnake-1987- ... -arviossa/
Munamankeli

Post by Munamankeli »

Metalliluola wrote:Onnittelut 30-vuotiaalle "1987"-klassikolle arvion muodossa:

http://metalliluola.fi/whitesnake-1987- ... -arviossa/
Hyvä arvio erinomaisesta levystä. Pisteet siitä, että onnistuitte mainitsemaan videot mutta välttämään DC:n puolison ja videoiden vetonaulan, josta on kirjoitettu kyllästymiseen asti. Olen muuten satavarma, ettei Still of the Night ole MTV:n historian toivotuin video. Ilmestyessään ehkä sen hetken toivotuin, muttei varmasti MTV:n historian.

Kielikuvissa kannattaa olla varovainen. Viimeinen naula arkkuun tarkoittaa yleensä negatiivista asiaa, sitä viimeistä tekoa, jonka jälkeen kaikki menee lopullisesti pieleen, hautaan tai vituiksi. Sitähän Is This Love ei suinkaan ollut. Päinvastoin.
Sabbathman

WHITESNAKE - '1987' 30th Anniversary & 2018 studioalbumi

Post by Sabbathman »

'1987' 30th Anniversary -megaboxi lokakuussa ja ensi keväänä vielä uusi studioalbumikin...
WHITESNAKE: 30th-Anniversary Reissue Of Self-Titled Album To Arrive In October; New Studio LP Due In 2018

August 17, 2017

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/whites ... e-in-2018/

WHITESNAKE had already released a string of Top 10 albums in England before the band conquered the world in 1987 with their eponymous record, also known in some countries as "1987", which was certified multi-platinum and featured the smash single "Here I Go Again". The classic album turns 30 this year and Rhino is celebrating with four new versions, including an expansive boxed set.

"Whitesnake: Super Deluxe Edition" will be available on October 6 for $49.98. The 4-CD/DVD collection includes the original album with newly remastered sound, unreleased live and studio recordings, classic music videos, concert footage, a thirty-minute documentary, featuring a new interview with David Coverdale, WHITESNAKE's founder and lead singer. The music comes with a sixty-page hardbound book that's filled with rare and unseen photos from the era, an extended essay based on new interviews with Coverdale, plus a booklet of the album's lyrics, handwritten by Coverdale. The audio will also be available via digital download and streaming services.

Three other versions of "Whitesnake" will also be available the same day. A Deluxe Edition will be available in both 2-CD ($19.98) and 2-LP ($29.98) versions, each including the newly remastered album expanded with a selection of unreleased bonus recordings. A single-disc version of the newly remastered album will also be available.

This also marks the first release under a newly signed catalog deal with WHITESNAKE and Rhino Entertainment, the catalog division of Warner Music Group. This new deal includes both the North American and Japanese rights, marking the first time a substantial amount of the WHITESNAKE catalog will reside under Warner Music Group worldwide.

"It gives me great joy to finally have so much of my WHITESNAKE catalog all under the same roof with the Warner family and I'm thrilled to be now working with this tremendous team on a worldwide basis," says Coverdale. "I have great memories of being with Warner back in my days with DEEP PURPLE. Then when I was with Geffen, they were distributed by Warner, so it feels like coming home to now have WHITESNAKE there. This elaborate reissue is the perfect project to kick off the new relationship."

"WHITESNAKE is one of the all-time great rock n' roll bands, with David being an absolute icon as a vocalist and front man," says Rhino president Mark Pinkus. "We are absolutely thrilled to now have so much of the WHITESNAKE catalog with Warner on a global basis and are excited for the fans to see what great releases we have planned for the coming years."

Soon after its release in April 1987, "Whitesnake" became a huge success around the world, selling multi million copies. It peaked at #2 on the Billboard album chart and spawned four popular singles: "Still Of The Night", "Give Me All Your Love", "Is This Love" (which reached #2) and the #1 hit "Here I Go Again".

"Whitesnake: Super Deluxe Edition" comes with an entire disc of unreleased live performances featuring Adrian Vandenberg, Vivian Campbell and Tommy Aldridge, recorded during the band's 1987-88 tour. The music includes live versions of several tracks from "1987", plus WHITESNAKE classics "Slide It In", "Love Ain't No Stranger" and "Slow An' Easy".

An additional disc spotlights the creative process behind "Whitesnake" with a selection of elevent unreleased demo and rehearsal recordings, including early versions of nearly every song on the album called "87 Evolutions". The final disc introduces newly remixed versions the album's four singles, and includes rare radio mixes, as well as songs from "87 Versions", an EP released exclusively in Japan.

The DVD from "Whitesnake: Super Deluxe Edition" includes music videos for the four singles, all of which have been carefully restored and remixed in 5.1 Surround Sound for the first time ever. In addition, the DVD also features a new thirty-minute documentary about the making of "Whitesnake", a new promo video made especially for this set of the 1988 version of "Here I Go Again" and unreleased live footage from the 1987-88 tour.

According to Billboard, a WHITESNAKE home video will follow on Record Store Black Friday (November 24) as well as a coffee table book chronicling "The Purple Album" cycle from 2015. An all-new WHITESNAKE studio album is planned for 2018, along with a world tour.

"It was a lot of fun to do," Coverdale told Billboard of the "Whitesnake" reissue, "because I don't go back a lot. I kind of learn from the past to apply those lessons to the future and the present. But my gratitude for (the album) is beyond words. I've only ever gone into a studio to try to improve on the last record...There was no, 'Right, I'm gonna sell thirty-odd million fucking records!' It was amazing, just amazing, so it's great to revisit all of this."

Coverdale also revealed that he has been getting together with WHITESNAKE guitarists Reb Beach and Joel Hoekstra for regular writing sessions for a new album that will lively arrive late spring of 2018. "I'm actually very excited about it because it's the first opportunity both Reb and Joel and I have actually had to sit down and write together," Coverdale said of what will be WHITESNAKE's first set of original material since 2011's "Forevermore". "There's a lot of what one would refer to as arena rock; Reb and I were talking the other night over dinner and he said, 'Man, there's so many songs here that no matter where we play — Portugal or Brazil or Tokyo — they're gonna get this hook. They're gonna be punching the fuckin' air and have a great night.' And I went, 'Oh, absolutely — and more than usual,' which is great. I can't do throwaway shit. The only reason I'm doing this record are the songs are gonna be a great WHITESNAKE album for WHITESNAKE fans — and the band. It's very exciting."

"Whitesnake: Super Deluxe Edition" 4CD/DVD Track Listing:

Disc One: Original Album 2017 Remaster:

01. Still Of The Night
02. Give Me All Your Love
03. Bad Boys
04. Is This Love
05. Here I Go Again '87
06. Straight For The Heart
07. Looking For Love
08. Children Of The Night
09. You're Gonna Break My Heart Again
10. Crying In The Rain
11. Don't Turn Away

Disc Two: Snakeskin Boots [Live On Tour 1987-88]:

01. Bad Boys/Children Of The Night*
02. Slide It In*
03. Slow An' Easy*
04. Here I Go Again*
05. Guilty Of Love*
06. Is This Love*
07. Love Ain't No Stranger*
08. Guitar Solo – Adrian and Vivian*
09. Crying In The Rain*
10. Still Of The Night*
11. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City*
12. Give Me All Your Love*

Disc Three: 87 Evolutions [Demos and Rehearsals]:

01. Still Of The Night*
02. Give Me All Your Love*
03. Bad Boys*
04. Is This Love*
05. Straight For The Heart*
06. Looking For Love*
07. Children Of The Night*
08. You're Gonna Break My Heart Again*
09. Crying In The Rain*
10. Don't Turn Away*
11. Crying In The Rain (Lil' Mountain Alternate Take Ruff Mix) *

Disc Four: 87 Versions [2017 Remixes]"

01. Still Of The Night - Remix*
02. Is This Love - Remix*
03. Give Me All Your Love - Remix*
04. Here I Go Again 87 - Remix*
05. Standing In The Shadows - 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album
06. Looking For Love - 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album
07. You're Gonna Break My Heart Again - 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album
08. Need Your Love So Bad - 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album
09. Here I Go Again - Radio Mix
10. Give Me All Your Love - Single Version

DVD:

01. Still Of The Night - Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1
02. Here I Go Again 87 - Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1
03. Is This Love - Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1
04. Give Me All Your Love - Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1
05. Documentary about the making of 1987 Album*
06. Here I Go Again - Purplesnake Video Jam*
07. Crying In The Rain - 1987 Tour Video Bootleg*
08. Band Intros - 1987 Tour Video Bootleg*
09. Still Of The Night - 1987 Tour Video Bootleg*
Munamankeli

Re: WHITESNAKE - '1987' 30th Anniversary & 2018 studioalbumi

Post by Munamankeli »

"In addition, the DVD also features a new thirty-minute documentary about the making of "Whitesnake"

Mielenkiintoista nähdä, miten Sykesin osuus on editoitu. Rock Candy Magazinen kakkosnumerossa on Sykesin haastattelu, jossa hän sivaltaa “I’ve read some astonishing things that David’s supposed to have said over the years. For instance, he’s apparently claimed that he came up with 95 percent of the guitar parts you hear on the record. Really? When I knew him, David could barely play the guitar."

Katkeraa? Kyllä. Syystä? Ehkä.
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Lisää tulevasta WS-albumista nro 12:
blabbermouth wrote:David Coverdale has confirmed to Ultimate Classic Rock that WHITESNAKE is working on music for a new album, tentatively due in early 2018. "We've never had such an immense amount of positive material," he said. "I've worked, for the first time as writers, with [WHITESNAKE guitarists] Reb Beach and with Joel Hoekstra. Because when Joel came in, we were doing 'The Purple Album', of course. And not only do we have great Coverdale/Hoekstra and Coverdale/Beach songs, but we have the three of us combining [as writers]."

He continued: "The songs are fucking excellent. We have eighteen or nineteen extraordinarily positive, potent, juicy classic WHITESNAKE songs, from balls-to-the-wall [rockers] to blues, to epics to ballads. It's kickass. It's definitely got me fluffed up. That will be [coming out in] late spring next year. We're looking at getting out [on tour] in the U.S. around June, so probably May."

According to Coverdale, another project that is in the works is a DVD that was filmed during WHITESNAKE's tour in support of the group's latest disc, "The Purple Album". That effort, which was released in May 2015 via Frontiers Music Srl, was billed as "a re-imagination of classic songs from Coverdale's time as the lead singer for DEEP PURPLE's Mark III and Mark IV studio albums." Coverdale was DEEP PURPLE's frontman from late 1973 to early 1976 and sang on the albums "Burn", "Stormbringer" and "Come Taste The Band".

Coverdale told Ultimate Classic Rock about the upcoming DVD: "It's fucking fantastic. I'm going from talking with you guys to finishing off the edit today. We're doing the last tweaks and then delivering it to Warners. It's kickass. To promote it, we've put together WHITESNAKE as you've never seen them before on a video for 'Burn'. It is un-fucking-believable. It's a full-production video. And we're still tweaking, but the people at Warners who have seen it, they're mindblown by it. We worked with a young, hip gunslinger Canadian director called Tyler Bourns. And he's kick-fucking-ass. He did all of the videos with us on 'The Purple Album'. He's the head of our video creative ops and a great guy as well."

Also coming from the WHITESNAKE camp is "a fucking huge coffee table book" that is "about the size of a fucking huge encyclopedia, a historical photographic journey from the beginning of 'The Purple Album' to the end of the last show in the U.K. in Sheffield," according to Coverdale. "We were supposed to have this out for last Christmas, but I was so exhausted, coming off the road," he said. "So, better late than never. It's still only a year and a half old. The book's fucking beautiful to have. It's going to be a WHITESNAKE Christmas, without a doubt."
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

WHITESNAKE To Release 'Flesh & Blood' Studio Album Next Year

December 4, 2017

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/whites ... next-year/

WHITESNAKE has set "Flesh & Blood" as the tentative title of its long-awaited next album, due in early 2018 via the band's new deal with the Warner Music Group Worldwide and Rhino Entertainment.

WHITESNAKE's David Coverdale told Ultimate Classic Rock earlier in the year that the band has "never had such an immense amount of positive material" for a new release. "I've worked, for the first time as writers, with [WHITESNAKE guitarists] Reb Beach and with Joel Hoekstra," he said. "Because when Joel came in, we were doing 'The Purple Album', of course. And not only do we have great Coverdale/Hoekstra and Coverdale/Beach songs, but we have the three of us combining [as writers]."

He continued: "The songs are fucking excellent. We have eighteen or nineteen extraordinarily positive, potent, juicy classic WHITESNAKE songs, from balls-to-the-wall [rockers] to blues, to epics to ballads. It's kickass. It's definitely got me fluffed up."

WHITESNAKE will celebrate the release of "Flesh & Blood" by embarking on the "Juke Box Heroes Tour" next summer with FOREIGNER and Jason Bonham.
Sabbathman

Re: WHITESNAKE / COVERDALE

Post by Sabbathman »

Uusi albumi Flesh & Blood työnnettiin taaksepäin ensi vuoteen...
WHITESNAKE's 'Flesh & Blood' Album Pushed Back To 2019

April 30, 2018

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/whites ... k-to-2019/

WHITESNAKE has pushed back the projected release date of its new album, "Flesh & Blood", to next year.

The band's record label, Frontiers Music Srl, issued a statement earlier today blaming the delay on "technical issues."

"It is with great disappointment that, following technical issues whilst mixing the new 'Flesh & Blood' album, WHITESNAKE and Frontiers have mutually agreed to delay the album release until early 2019," the statement reads.

"The release of the new studio record is to coincide with the WHITESNAKE 'Flesh & Blood' world tour.

"WHITESNAKE would like to express their sincere regrets to our fans all over the world for any and all disappointment and promise the album and tour will be worth waiting for."
...mutta nyt lokakuussa tuleekin kunnon lataus akustista settiä...tästähän voisikin vetää hyvän rundin, voisi olla parasta Whitesnakea pian kolmeen vuosikymmeneen!
WHITESNAKE: 'Unzipped' 5CD/DVD Set Featuring Rare And Previously Unreleased Acoustic Performances Due In October

August 2, 2018

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/whites ... n-october/

It was the hard-rocking sound of hits like "Still Of The Night" and "Give Me All Your Love Tonight" that brought WHITESNAKE worldwide, multi-platinum success. Even so, the band's founder and lead singer, David Coverdale, has never been a stranger to the occasional ballad, going back to his early days with DEEP PURPLE on "Soldier Of Fortune" and, most famously, with WHITESNAKE on the 1987 No. 1 smash hit "Here I Go Again".

After WHITESNAKE finishes its current summer tour with FOREIGNER, the band will revisit some of its best acoustic performances with "Unzipped: Super Deluxe Edition". This five CD/DVD collection brings together unplugged and acoustic-based performances recorded over the past 20-plus years, including rare and unreleased studio and live recordings, acoustic demos, concert videos, interviews and more. The extensive set will be available on October 19 for $59.98. On the same day, Rhino will also release "Unzipped" in three other formats: single-CD ($7.98), double-CD ($19.98), and double-LP ($29.98). All of the music will be available digitally and via streaming services.

The first disc from "Unzipped: Super Deluxe Edition" mixes rare and unreleased versions of songs like "Summer Rain" and "Forevermore" from the band's recent studio albums, "Good To Be Bad" (2008) and "Forevermore" (2011). Also included are songs like "Love Is Blind" from Coverdale's solo album, "Into The Light" (2000); and a previously unreleased song, "All The Time In The World". All 11 tracks are available on the single-CD, double-CD and double-LP versions of "Unzipped".

In 1997, Coverdale and guitarist Adrian Vandenberg played an unplugged concert in Tokyo that was recorded and initially released exclusively in Japan as "Starkers In Tokyo". That recording has been remixed and will make its North American debut on the second disc of "Unzipped: Super Deluxe Edition". The acoustic performance touches on the different stages of Coverdale's career, from his time in DEEP PURPLE ("Soldier Of Fortune"), to his solo albums ("Too Many Tears"), and, most famously, with WHITESNAKE on unplugged versions of hits like "Is This Love" and "Here I Go Again". These 12 tracks, along with all the music on the single-CD version of "Unzipped", will also be available on double-CD, and double-LP.

"Some of my favorite love songs are on disc one of this collection… and I LOVE, love songs," says Coverdale. "Though reluctant at first to go 'unzipped' in public, the shows I did with Adrian Vandenberg in 1997, and then Doug Aldrich in 2006, were incredibly memorable… primarily because it gave me an opportunity to be 'at one' with the crowd… some songs ask for a softer touch… and those are the songs we have here in this collection."

"Unzipped: Super Deluxe Edition" has even more of unreleased, unplugged recordings, including more performances from Coverdale's 1997 tour with Vandenberg, plus several later shows featuring Coverdale and guitarist Doug Aldrich. Plus, more than two dozen of Coverdale's unreleased, acoustic demos are also included in the collection.

A DVD completes "Unzipped: Super Deluxe Edition" with live, unplugged performances filmed around the world between 1997 and 2015, including a complete acoustic show recorded at the Cutting Room in New York in 2008. A highlight for U.S. fans will be the North American debut of the 1997 concert video "Starkers In Tokyo", which has been remixed in 5.1 and Stereo exclusively for this new collection. Additional bonus features include an interview with Coverdale and Vandenberg, bootleg videos, the "Love Is Blind" music video and a slideshow.

Coverdale continues: "These songs are some of the most personal I've been involved with through my almost five decades as a professional musician, singer and composer…This is me at my most unguarded… innocent… writing, as I still do, for the fun… the expression… the poetry… all LOVE songs."

"Unzipped: Super Deluxe Edition" track listing:

Disc One: Unzipped… In The Studio: The Love Songs

01. Love Is Blind
02. One of These Days *
03. All The Time In The World *
04. Wherever You May Go
05. Easier Said than Done *
06. Fare Thee Well *
07. Summer Rain
08. Forevermore
09. 'Till The End Of Time

Bonus Tracks:

10. Wherever You May Go (Instrumental) Strings only *
11. Love Is Blind (Instrumental) Strings only *

Disc Two: Starkers In Tokyo

01. Sailing Ships
02. Too Many Tears
03. The Deeper The Love
04. Love Ain't No Stranger
05. Can't Go On
06. Give Me All Your Love
07. Don't Fade Away
08. Is This Love
09. Here I Go Again
10. Soldier Of Fortune

Bonus Tracks:

11. Only My Soul (Acapella) *
12. Fool For Your Loving (Excerpt) *

Disc Three: Snakeskin Boots: Starkers In Europe Starkers In Warsaw (Poland, April 18, 1997):

01. Intro
02. Sailing Ships
03. Too Many Tears
04. Here I Go Again

Starkers In Stockholm (Sweden, December 2, 2006):

05. Intro
07. Ain't Gonna Cry No More
08. Only My Soul (Acapella)
09. All I Want Is You
10. Dog
11. Here I Go Again

Starkers In Cologne (Germany, November 24, 2006):

12. Intro
13. Give Me All Your Love
14. Ain't Gonna Cry No More
15. All I Want Is You
16. Slow & Easy
17. Dog

Starkers In Paris (France, November 30, 2006):

18. Give Me All Your Love
19. Ain't Gonna Cry No More
20. Northwinds (Acapella)
21. All I Want Is You
22. Dog
23. Blindman (Acapella)
24. Here I Go Again

Disc Four: More Starkers Promo Tour Rehearsals (2005):

01. If You Want Me *
02. Give Me All Your Love *
03. Slow & Easy *
04. All I Want Is You *
05. Judgement Day *
06. Ain't Gonna Cry No More *
07. Dog *

Starkers In New York (New York City, April 10, 2008):

08. Give Me All Of Your Love
09. Can You Hear The Wind Blow
10. All I Want All I Need
11. Lay Down Your Love
12. Fool For Your Loving
13. The Deeper The Love
14. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
15. Here I Go Again

WSTV Jams Excerpts (2012):

16. Easier Said Than Done
17. Fare Thee Well
18. Love Will Set You Free
19. Mistreated
20. Slide It In
21. 'Till The End Of Time
22. Shake My Tree

Made In Japan Soundcheck Versions (2011)

23. Good To Be Bad
24. Tell Me How

Disc Five: Up Close & Personal

01. Wherever You May Go (Demo Version) *
02. Surrender *
03. Ain't No Doubt About My Girl *
04. Scat Man Blues *
05. Love's A Crazy Game *
06. I Will Love You *
07. Oh Baby You're The One *
08. So Long (Acapella) *
09. So Long *
10. It Would Be Nice *
11. Slide Thingy Blues *
12. Down To The River *
13. Feel Your Love Grow Stronger *
14. Blues Jam Riff *
15. Fun Lick Blues *
16. Don't Wanna Change The World *
17. It's So Hard *
18. River Song (Early Version) *
19. Let's Have A Drink Before I Go *
20. Can You Ever Forgive Me *
21. So Much To Live For *
22. Another Lick While The Missus Is Busy In The Kitchen *
23. Just The Two Of Us (Together You And I) *
24. Oh S___ Blues (featuring Jessica) *
25. Seasons *

DVD Starkers In Tokyo (1997):

01. Sailing Ships
02. Too Many Tears
03. The Deeper The Love
04. Can't Go On
05. Is This Love
07. Here I Go Again
08. Soldier Of Fortune
09. Love Ain't No Stranger
10. Don't Fade Away
11. Only My Soul (Acapella)
12: Fool For Your Loving (excerpt)

Starkers In New York (2008):

01. Give Me All Of Your Love
02. Can You Hear The Wind Blow
03. All I Want All I Need
04. Lay Down Your Love
05. Fool For Your Loving
06. The Deeper The Love
07. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
08. Here I Go Again

Starkers In Warsaw (Poland, April 18, 1997):

09. Intro
10. Sailing Ships
11. Too Many Tears
12. Here I Go Again

Starkers In Stockholm (Sweden, December 2, 2006):

13. Intro
14. Give Me All Your Love
15. Ain't Gonna Cry No More
16. Only My Soul (Acapella)
17. All I Want Is You
18. Dog
19. Here I Go Again

Starkers In Cologne (Germany, November 24, 2006):

20. Give Me All Your Love
21. Ain't Gonna Cry No More
22. All I Want Is You
23. Dog

Starkers In Sofia (Bulgaria, November 24, 2015):

24. Soldier Of Fortune

Starkers In Paris 2 (France, June 4, 2009):

25. Blindman

Starkers In Wolverhampton (England, June 16, 2011):

26. Fare Thee Well

Starkers In Glasgow (Scotland, June 15, 2011)*

27. One Of These Days

Bonus Features:

- One-on-One with David Coverdale and Adrian Vandenberg discussing "Starkers"
- Poor Albert's Last: Photographic Slideshow (featuring audio from "Sailing Ships")
- Purplesnake's "Forevermore" Video
- "Love Is Blind" Music Video

* previously unreleased
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

All The Time In The World on kyllä julkaistu silloin vuosituhannen alussa, tosin nettisivuiltaan ladattavana, mikä ämpäri-filu tuolla toisella koneella on edelleenkin.

Mutta miten tuossa tuttujen biisien (& samoja kappaleita sisältävien akustisten pikkukeikkojen) esittelytekstissä ei ollut mitään tästä vitoslevystä Up Close & Personal, mistäköhän nuo ovat peräisin? Selkeästi mielenkiintoisinta antia tästä paketista.
01. Wherever You May Go (Demo Version) *
02. Surrender *
03. Ain't No Doubt About My Girl *
04. Scat Man Blues *
05. Love's A Crazy Game *
06. I Will Love You *
07. Oh Baby You're The One *
08. So Long (Acapella) *
09. So Long *
10. It Would Be Nice *
11. Slide Thingy Blues *
12. Down To The River *
13. Feel Your Love Grow Stronger *
14. Blues Jam Riff *
15. Fun Lick Blues *
16. Don't Wanna Change The World *
17. It's So Hard *
18. River Song (Early Version) *
19. Let's Have A Drink Before I Go *
20. Can You Ever Forgive Me *
21. So Much To Live For *
22. Another Lick While The Missus Is Busy In The Kitchen *
23. Just The Two Of Us (Together You And I) *
24. Oh S___ Blues (featuring Jessica) *
25. Seasons *
Jussi

Re: WHITESNAKE - 35th anniversary Slide It In

Post by Jussi »

Ennen sitä myöhästynyttä Flesh & Bloodia ehtii tulla vielä Slide It Inin 35-v. juhlaboksi; pitää koettaa lainata taas kirjastosta kuten 1987 vastaava alkutalvesta, josta rippasin mielenkiintoisimman annin talteen. Tässäkin se olisi tuo live, kun demoideat ovat aika kertakuulemisella selviä juttuja.
Coming in March -
Whitesnake
Slide It In: The Ultimate Special Edition

Disc 1: US Mix (1985) 35th Anniversary Remaster

Band: David Coverdale – lead vocals
Mel Galley – guitars, backing vocals
Micky Moody – guitars
Neil Murray – bass
Jon Lord – keyboards
Cozy Powell – drums
John Sykes – guitars

Disc 2: UK. Mix (1984) 35th Anniversary Remaster

Band: David Coverdale – lead vocals
Mel Galley – guitars, backing vocals
Micky Moody – guitars
Colin Hodgkinson – bass
Jon Lord – keyboards
Cozy Powell – drums

Bonus Tracks
1. Need Your Love So Bad - Single B-Side
2. Gambler - 7-inch Eddie Kramer Mix (1983)
3. Guilty Of Love - 7-inch Eddie Kramer Mix (1983)

Disc 3: 35th Anniversary Remixes (2019)

1. Slide It In (Previously unreleased)
2. Slow An’ Easy (Previously unreleased)
3. Love Ain’t No Stranger (Previously unreleased)
4. Give Me More Time (Previously unreleased)
5. Guilty Of Love (Previously unreleased)
6. All Or Nothing (Previously unreleased)
7. Spit It Out (Previously unreleased)
8. Standing In The Shadow (Previously unreleased)
9. Hungry For Love (Previously unreleased)
10. Gambler (Previously unreleased)
11. Need Your Love So Bad (Previously unreleased)

Disc 4: Monitor Mixes & Intros (September 1983)

1. Intro to Gambler from David Coverdale
2. Gambler (Previously unreleased)
3. Standing in the Shadow (Previously unreleased)
4. Intro to Slide It In from David Coverdale
5. Slide It In (Previously unreleased)
6. Give Me More Time (Previously unreleased)
7. Intro to Love Ain’t No Stranger from David Coverdale
8. Love Ain’t No Stranger (Previously unreleased)
9. Hungry For Love (Previously unreleased)
10. Intro to Guilty Of Love from David Coverdale
11. Guilty Of Love (Previously unreleased)
12. Spit It Out (Previously unreleased)
13. Intro to Slow An’ Easy from David Coverdale
14. Slow An’ Easy (Previously unreleased)
15. All Or Nothing (Previously unreleased)
16 David Coverdale discusses the US vs UK versions

Jon Lord’s Last Whitesnake Show (Sweden, April 16, 1984)
1. Gambler
2. Guilty Of Love
3. Love Ain’t No Stranger
4. Reading An’ Willing (Sweet Satisfaction)

Disc 5: Live in Glasgow, Scotland (March 1, 1984)

1. Gambler (Previously unreleased)
2. Guilty Of Love (Previously unreleased)
3. Reading An’ Willing (Sweet Satisfaction) (Previously unreleased)
4. Love Ain’t No Stranger (Previously unreleased)
5. Here I Go Again (Previously unreleased)
6. Slow An’ Easy (Previously unreleased)
7. Cryin’ In The Rain (Previously unreleased)
8. Keyboard Solo
9. Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City (Previously unreleased)
10. Fool For Your Loving (Previously unreleased)
11. Need Your Love So Bad / Thank You Blues (Previously unreleased)
12. Slide It In (Previously unreleased)
13. Don’t Break My Heart Again (Previously unreleased)

Disc 6: Early Ruff Mixes, Original Demos and Obscurities

Early Ruff Mixes with Unfinished Lyrics
1. All Or Nothing
2. Hungry For Love
3. Spit It Out
4. Give Me More Time
5. Slow An’ Easy
6. Love Ain’t No Stranger
7. Need Your Love So Bad – Instrumental
8. All Or Nothing – acapella excerpts remix
9. Slow An’ Easy – organ and drum excerpts remix
10. Wheezy Interludes – various alcoholic studio antics, David and Mel “fighting a cold”

Original Demos
1. Slow An’ Easy
2. Slide It In
3. Standing In The Shadow
4. All Or Nothing
5. Spit It Out
6. Guilty Of Love
7. Love Ain’t No Stranger
8. Intro to Need Your Love So Bad from David Coverdale
9. Need Your Love So Bad

Unfinished Symphonies: Demo Ideas that Were Never Finished

1. Body Heat
2. The Gypsy In You
3. Lounge Lizards
4. Great Riff In The Morning
5. The River Song
6. Can’t Make A Deal With The Devil
7. Prayer For The Dying
8. Spend The Night With Me
9. So Much To Live For
10. Riff Raff Blues
11. Thanks You Blues

DVD: Music Videos & Live Clips
1. Guilty Of Love – Music Video
2. Slow An’ Easy – Music Video
3. Love Ain't No Stranger – Music Video
4. Give Me More Time – Top Of The Pops
5. Standing In The Shadow – New Promo Video
6. Love Ain’t No Stranger – Live… In The Still of the Night
7. Slide It In – Live at Donington (1990)

Extra Features
Jon Lord’s Last Whitesnake Show (1984)
1. Gambler
2. Guilty of Love
3. Love Ain’t No Stranger
4. Reading An’ Willing (Sweet Satisfaction)

Whitesnake Chronicles: David Coverdale discusses the 35th anniversary of Slide It In
ChosenTwo

Post by ChosenTwo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKMwGzOmtsE

Niin sitä vaan 67v Coverdale 68v Aldridge rokkaavat näköjään edelleen hyvinkin laadukkaasti. Aldrichin korvaaminen Hoekstralla on hieman epäilyttänyt, mutta tämä sinkkubiisi kyllä maistui välittömästi.
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Yleisö täynnä nuoria mimsyjä :D voi sitä vanhaa Covia. Biisi ei ole ehkä mikään tulevaisuuden klassikko mutta menee tässä ja nyt ihan jees. Vaimo sentään odotti lopussa ja kiva että jagge on tallessa. Hyviä sanoja Davidilta myös:
David Coverdale, the mastermind behind Whitesnake & co-composer of 'Shut Up & Kiss Me' with guitarist Reb Beach, commenting on the forthcoming release said "that after the intense darkness of our last video BURN If anything, it’s ‘light’ snake, you know? We’ve got some really dark energy going on in the world right now, so we’re gonna write & record a fun, knees up, song about falling in love with a fabulous babe. You’re over-talking, over-compensating & she just looks at you, takes the reins & says, 'Shut Up and Kiss Me!' and that’s it!! My video director and creative partner Tyler Bourns and I discussed a great storyline for the video, which involves a surprise guest: my fabulous old white Jaguar. We ended up cleaning and detailing it, as it has been in storage since I moved to Lake Tahoe, then we dusted off my old turquoise silk jacket from the original ‘Here I Go Again’ video and I was thinking, "man, this is going to be fun!" It’s a respectful acknowledgment and positive nod to the past, just fun stuff.”
ChosenTwo

Post by ChosenTwo »

https://www.soundi.fi/uutiset/ilouutisi ... set-julki/

Whitesnakea voi mennä ihailemaan Tampereelle heinäkuussa.
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Pietarsaaressakin yhtenä päivänä:

https://kaaoszine.fi/pietarsaari-open-a ... inakuussa/
ChosenTwo

Post by ChosenTwo »

Sabbathman wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:23 am Pietarsaaressakin yhtenä päivänä:

https://kaaoszine.fi/pietarsaari-open-a ... inakuussa/
Katsos joo. No tuo saattanee näin Vaasassa asustelevalle olla se vielä houkuttelevampi vaihtoehto. Toki Whitesnaken omaa sisäkeikkaa tässä on kokoajan salaa toivonut (en muista oliko Purple Tourin keikka sisätiloissa vai festareilla, mutta se ei niin innostanut settilistansa osalta), mutta lienee turha toive se.
ChosenTwo

Post by ChosenTwo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc69ZKmdDhM

Uusi sinkku Trouble is Your Middle Name ulkona. Ei mielestäni ihan yhtä hyvä kuin äärimmäisen hyväntuulinen Shut Up And Kiss Me, mutta ei kyllä mitenkään huonokaan. Kertsi nyt vähän junnaa paikallaan, mutta on sitä tehdessään sentään vauhdikkaampi kuin esim. Give Me All Your Love, jonka simppelin kertsin loputon toistaminen meinaa vähän puuduttaa liveversioissa etenkin. Beachilta kyllä hyvät tilut soolossa. Todella lupaavalta vaikuttaa tuleva levy.
ChosenTwo

Post by ChosenTwo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3oLB5a-8Z4

Ja kolmas sinkku on nimeltään Hey You...You Make Me Rock. Ei mitään mullistavaa, mutta taattua Whitesnakea. Jostain syystä tulee mieleen, että säkeistöstä saisi Alice in Chainsia, kun iskisi tuohon laulustemmaa päälle. Väliosan startissa oli hyvää koukkua.
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Maukkaalta tapaukselta vaikuttaa tämä uutukainen näiden kolmen hyvän tykityksen perusteella. Sopivasti uutta meininkiä mutta ah niin tutulla WS-leimalla sinetöitynä, mahtavat soundit tuovat biisit perille & DC laulaa hienosti mukavuusalueillaan.

Jos tähän levyyn päättyy studiolevyjen tekeminen (nyt kun se 30 vuotta kotina ollut & eri yhteyksissä hehkutettu Lake Tahoen asuntokin menee listaukseen) niin saa kyllä hyvästellä studiot kunniakkaasti. Pitkä ura jo takana, reilu 45 v. kun ottaa mukaan Pohjois-Englannin baarikeikatkin, saahan sitä jo jäädäkin eläkkeelle jos sikseen on. Mutta sehän kävisi myös hyvin jos WS vielä tekisi vähän kevyempääkin akustolevyä, DC:llä kun on hieno ääni vähän iisimpään tulkintaan. Paras nostalgiarundihan olisi "Revisiting...In The Shadow Of The Blues" vuosien 1978-1984 materiaalin parissa!
ChosenTwo

Post by ChosenTwo »

Sabbathman wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:15 pm Mutta sehän kävisi myös hyvin jos WS vielä tekisi vähän kevyempääkin akustolevyä, DC:llä kun on hieno ääni vähän iisimpään tulkintaan.
Kyllähän tosiaan tuo viimevuotinen Unzipped tämän (jälleen) osoitti. Itse asiassa innostuin noiden herkistelyversioiden myötä parista Forevermoren kappaleesta, jotka ovat aiemmin jääneet vähän etäisiksi.

Coverdalen ääni on näin vanhemmalla iällä muuttunut tuollaiseen tulkintaan vielä paremmin sopivaksi, kun siinä on aiempaa enemmän tummuutta ja rouheutta. Todellakin kyllä kelpaisi tulevaisuudessa vastaavanlaiset akustiset versioinnit vanhoista kappaleista ja uudet samaan muottiin tehdyt sävellykset. Tai miksei vaikka voisi David vääntää Johnny Cashin American Recordings -levytysten tyylisesti "mies ja kitara" -koverilevyjäkin. Ostaisin ehdottomasti.

Mutta, tällä hetkellä kun lähtee tuo rouheampi tulkinta edelleen näin vakuuttavasti mitä kolme nyt julkaistua sinkkua todistavat, niin antaa tulla vaan säröpedaalien nupit kaakossa.