BLACK SABBATH & IOMMI

Raskaamman musiikin keskustelut
Sabbathman

Chronicide - "Anno Mundi" cover

Post by Sabbathman »

Official Iommi -sivu postaili tämän toissapäivänä...

[youtube]Dxmb0u-NTvQ[/youtube]

Huikein coveri tästä mahtavasta biisistä! Koko bändi rokkaa viimeisen päälle ja laulajalla riittää monipuolista ja voimakasta ääntä mitä kuunnella ja lookkia mitä katsella...
Munamankeli

Re: Chronicide - "Anno Mundi" cover

Post by Munamankeli »

Sabbathman wrote:Official Iommi -sivu postaili tämän toissapäivänä...
Huikein coveri tästä mahtavasta biisistä! Koko bändi rokkaa viimeisen päälle ja laulajalla riittää monipuolista ja voimakasta ääntä mitä kuunnella ja lookkia mitä katsella...
No joo, laulaja ihan OK mutta ei mikään erityinen poikkeus. Hyvää ääntä jo valmiiksi uskomattoman hienoon biisiin. Ja bändihän ei nimenomaan rokkaa lainkaan. Atari-paitainen pujoparta kuulosti ja näytti lähinnä seurakunnan kokoonpanon vakiojampalta. Samalta istumalta lähtee niin Nothing Else Matters kuin Anno Mundi. Kaipaisin enemmän särmää niiin soundiin kuin esillepanoon. Soolokitaristin ristipaidasta ylimääräisiä pisteitä. Koko tulkinta vaatisi erottuakseen rahtusen munaa tai mikä nyt onkaan sopiva sanonta mimmiporukan yhteydessä. Sinänsä kelpo cover ja pätevä esitys.
Metalliluola

Re: BLACK SABBATH & IOMMI

Post by Metalliluola »

Onnea 70-vuotiaalle riffien kuninkaalle!

http://metalliluola.fi/riffien-kuningas ... 70-vuotta/
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Metalliluola wrote:Onnea 70-vuotiaalle riffien kuninkaalle!

http://metalliluola.fi/riffien-kuningas ... 70-vuotta/
:hatoff: päivänsankarille ja riffien kuninkaalle! Heavy metallin pääjehu, kertakaikkisesti ja kiistattomasti.

Onneksi tuli nähtyä Iommi monesti livenä - 1998 Provinssista 2007 ja 2009 Heaven & Hell -keikkojen kautta Black Sabbathin jättikeikkoihin 2013 ja 2016.

Uutta musiikkia odotellaan edelleen, ainakin vielä yhtä levyllistä.
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Hyppään kyllä asentoon jos tälläistä alkaa tapahtumaan:

https://www.inferno.fi/uutiset/tony-iom ... o-pitkaan/

Onhan tämä pelkkä lehden kansikuvakin puhdasta kovuutta:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXCjcpmX4AE-tOl.jpg
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Jussi

BLACK SABBATH - Forbidden (remix)

Post by Jussi »

Vaikka Forbiddenin orkkis-CD onkin totta kai hyllyssä, on tätä uudelleenmiksausta ihan mielenkiintoista kuulla sitten.
bm wrote:Tony Iommi spoke to The Midland Rocks about the progress of the remixing sessions for BLACK SABBATH's 1995 album "Forbidden". The LP, which features singer Tony Martin, drummer Cozy Powell and bassist Neil Murray, is often regarded as the band's worst studio recording.

"I've had the time, on and off, to start to remix the 'Forbidden' album," Tony said at yesterday's (Saturday, February 9) unveiling of a BLACK SABBATH bench in Birmingham, England. "I never liked the final mix and sound of it — none of the band did actually — so I've been working on that. I'm taking my time, and there is no rush with it. It will be done when it's done. But it's been good to go back and pull it all apart and start to put it back together again."

Asked what the problem was with how "Forbidden" sounded at the time of its release back in 1995, Iommi said: "Well, we weren't involved with how it ended up sounding like it did. It was produced by Ernie C. from the band BODY COUNT and he also got Ice-T to appear on it on the opening track ['Illusion Of Power'] and they were from a totally different background to us. So he came in and did a good job at the time, but I just felt that, without changing any of the songs, there was an opportunity to go back and bring out some of the sounds and make it more what people would expect SABBATH to sound like. I met up with Tony Martin recently and I'm sure he will listen to what I have done with it at some point, but at the moment it is just myself and [engineer] Mike Exeter who have been working on it."

Iommi went on to say that the upcoming "Forbidden" reissue doesn't necessarily mean that other albums from SABBATH's Tony Martin era — such as "Tyr" or "Headless Cross" — will also get the remix treatment.

"It was definitely that album that kind of irritated everybody," Iommi explained. "I was never happy with the guitar sound and Cozy was definitely never happy with the drum sound. He would go on and on about it. So I thought it would be nice to do it for him in a way."

BLACK SABBATH started working on "Forbidden" in Par Street Studios in Liverpool, England in 1994 and completed most of the recording sessions over a 10-day period at Devonshire Studios in Los Angeles with Ernie C.

In a 2011 interview with Gibson.com, Martin stated about "Forbidden": "Well, 'Forbidden' is I want to say 'crap,' but it's actually not. The songs worked really well in rehearsals, and then things started to get political, and I got wind of an Ozzy [Osbourne] reunion [with SABBATH] — not from SABBATH directly, of course. But before that came, there was a meeting at the SABBATH offices in London to which we were summoned to discuss the possibility of doing a RUN-D.M.C. type of album. I thought it wouldn't work, and voiced that. Cozy Powell thought it wouldn't work. I was never sure that most of the others were convinced, but we were kinda steered into a 'rap SABBATH' album. Then I was told that Ice-T was gonna be doing it and they couldn't or wouldn't tell me if he was doing the whole thing or just one track... and I still didn't know the answer to that when I was in the studio singing the tracks. They said they were gonna take it and see what Ice-T wanted to do. So it has a distinct ill feeling about it. The album eventually didn't really work, although some fans love it. And it was the penultimate album to my being removed from the band, the last album to be released being 'Sabbath Stones', a compilation album, which kept my name in the band to span 10 years and six albums."

BLACK SABBATH released six albums with Tony Martin on vocals: "The Eternal Idol" (1987), "Headless Cross" (1989), "Tyr" (1990), "Cross Purposes" (1994), "Cross Purposes Live" (1995) and "Forbidden" (1995).

SABBATH completed its last major tour in February 2017 with two shows in Birmingham, closing out the quartet's groundbreaking 49-year career.

The trek was the band's last because Iommi, who was diagnosed with cancer in late 2011 and is currently in remission, can no longer travel for extended amounts of time. But he has said he would not rule out special events or one-off shows.
Evilhammer

Post by Evilhammer »

30.8.1969 eli 50 vuotta sitten Worcestershiressä, lähellä Birminghamia tapahtui jotain merkittävää. HAIL BLACK SABBATH!!!
Pagan Fears

Post by Pagan Fears »

Zakk Wylde tulee vinguttelemaan helmikuussa Black Sabbathia The Circukseen:

https://www.rumba.fi/uutiset/no-nyt-zak ... u-suomeen/
Ice

Post by Ice »

Pitkästä aikaa hyvä kerronnallinen musiikkivideo ja hyvin kuvattu Ozzyn elämää. No levotonta sata kuvaa sekunnissa sitten loppuosassa mutta nosti kyllä biisin toimivuuttaa tänne päähän.

https://youtu.be/iuzyA5gDa4E
Sabbathman

BLACK SABBATH 50 vuotta!!!

Post by Sabbathman »

BLACK SABBATH.
Bändi. Albumi. Avauskappale.
Sade. Kirkonkellot. Ukkonen.
Kaiken heavy metallin mustanpuhuva ja lyijynraskas alkuräjähdys.
50 vuotta sitten, 13. helmikuuta 1970.

⛈️⛪🎸💥✨🌍🤘

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISXnYu-Or4w

Vinyyliltähän tämä kuuluisi aina soittaa.
Shadowplay

Post by Shadowplay »

Kova levy, todellinen ajaton klassikko ja onhan se yksi merkkipaaluista jotka muovasivat, muokkasivat ja inspiroivat lukuisia muusikkoja/bändejä.
Tuntuu vieläkin niin voimakkaana, tuoreena ja uhkaavana levyn tunnelma ettei uskoisi millään 50 vuotta kulkeneen välissä.
Vieläkin muistan hetken kun kuulin tämän albumin ensimmäistä kertaa penskana, oli todella jännä tunnelma levyn alussa eikä hellittänyt millään.
Oli muuten mainio päätös myös 13-levyn lopussa kun tuntuu että palaa samoihin äänitunnelmiin debyytin alun kanssa.
On se kyllä vieläkin vaikuttava levy ja näin merkkipäivänä kuuntelin taas vinyyliltä.
Sabbathman

BLACK SABBATH 50 vuotta!!!

Post by Sabbathman »

“There is no doubt in my mind that Sabbath invented what we know as the start of true and pure heavy metal,” Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford says. “Without them, the genre may never have come to be.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ew-949070/
Sabbathman

Iommi: 'Loads Of Stuff'

Post by Sabbathman »

TONY IOMMI On Possibility Of Releasing New Music: 'I've Got Loads Of Stuff'

April 1, 2020

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tony- ... -of-stuff/

In a recent interview with Guitarist magazine, BLACK SABBATH guitar legend Tony Iommi was asked about his plans to record and release new music. He responded: "Well, that's the million-dollar question. I've got loads of stuff. I keep saying to Ralph [Baker], my manager, 'I want to put it down properly,' but the engineer I've used for years, Mike Exeter, has gone on to do other things… I'd like to put some stuff down, but it won't be a touring band. Actually, Brian May [QUEEN] came over and I gave him four or five CDs of riffs, and he's going, 'You've got to do an album with these, just put them out like that.' I said, 'No, I don't want to do that. I'm going to do them properly.'"

Tony went on to say that he would like get some of the other musicians he admires involved. "I sort of did it with the 'Iommi' album in 2000," he explained. "I had Dave Grohl, Billy Corgan and all sorts of people on it. Another two embarrassing things that I didn't go for was one where they said, 'This chap wants to do something. Eminem.' 'Who the bloody hell is Eminem?' I didn't know, and I went, 'Oh, no.' And Kid Rock. So I turned a few people down that became quite big later, but I hadn't the faintest idea. I'd tried to do it before with Planty [Robert Plant] and a few others, but it was so hard because of management and all that. But the last one, they really wanted to do it, and I enjoyed playing with different people."
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

BLACK SABBATH's TONY IOMMI On Making New Music: 'Every Night I Play And Put Something Down' On Tape

May 4, 2020

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black ... n-on-tape/

In a brand new interview with SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation", BLACK SABBATH's Tony Iommi once again spoke about his plans to record and release new music. The 72-year-old guitar legend, who has kept a relatively low profile since the completion of SABBATH's "The End" tour in February 2017, said that he is constantly coming up with new ideas. "Every night I play and put something down," he said (hear audio below). "But funny enough, I was due to be working now with my engineer, but, of course, you can't have anybody in your house because of the [coronavirus] lockdown, which is Mike Exeter, who I've used for years — he'd done the SABBATH stuff with us, and whatever. And we'd planned, we got it in the book to come over and start putting some of the things I've got here down, because I've got so much stuff — I just wanna get the thing down now. So that was the original plan. And, of course, it went pear-shaped. And I spoke to him today, funny enough, and we thought maybe we might try this week and do it with Zoom over the Internet — he can record me somehow. But hopefully when it all clears up, we'll definitely be starting."

Asked if he envisions releasing his new ideas in the form of a solo album or a collaboration with other musicians, Iommi said: "Well, there's nothing, actually, set it stone. I've got a few ideas and a couple of big things that could happen. But what my plan is at the moment is just to — when I say 'put it down,' a lot of my stuff I actually do record on a phone, and I put the idea down just on an acoustic or an electric guitar — just quickly I put the ideas down, and I have them copied onto a CD. I'm still into CDs; I'm not too technical. And what the plan is when I say 'put it down,' I wanna then get Mike out and we're gonna start putting down some drums and bass and then do a guitar so we can make it sort of like a proper band, really, and then decide who I'm gonna work with on it. I just wanna have something to present to whoever I'm gonna be working with. Or if not, at least have something that sounds reasonably good."

Elaborating on the horde of new riffs he's stockpiling, Tony said: "I've got so many things down on CD that I've done in the past. When we were doing [SABBATH's] '13' album, I wrote most of those ideas before we ever started [doing the record]. When I presented them to the rest of the guys, I had three or four CDs full of just riffs, and I played them to the other guys and then we picked out which ones they liked and then we'd sort of work on the format with them. But most of the stuff I've done like that. And I've got so many more that I'd like to use. But I tend to sort of don't go back on them — I'll do 'em and put 'em away, cause I keep coming up with new ideas. But I need to now. And I should take the opportunity now while I've gotta stay in the house of looking back over them and seeing what I've got. But there's so much stuff. I mean, I've got stuff that goes back for years."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4mSSlA59vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENLc5Q5aY5w
Sabbathman

Zakk Sabbath

Post by Sabbathman »

Zakk Sabbath : Vertigo

Gatefold LP (limited yellow vinyl) incl. padded inner sleeve and special vinyl mastering

1. Black Sabbath
2. The Wizard
3. Wasp / Behind the Wall of Sleep / N.I.B
4. Wicked World
5. A Bit of Finger / Sleeping Village / Warning

Magnetic Eye Records

https://en.merhq.spkr.media/artists/zak ... rtigo.html

Zakk Sabbath is the Black Sabbath tribute band featuring guitarist/vocalist Zakk Wylde (Black Label Society, Ozzy Osbourne), bassist Blasko (Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Zombie) and drummer Joey Castillo (Danzig, Queens of the Stone Age), who have been constantly gigging since 2014 with their take on the Birmingham four's early songs.

Legendarily recorded in a single day in October 1969, Black Sabbath's self-titled debut was released on a Friday the 13th in 1970, and the world was never the same.

"We recorded a live EP and were wondering what we could do next as a cover band, so the 50th album anniversary came just at the right time", explains Blasko regarding Zakk Sabbath's decision to go studio. "Compared to 'Paranoid', which is almost like a best-of record, the bulk of the material on 'Black Sabbath' is deep-cut, really experimental stuff that was never thoroughly explored, so that was a challenge, not to forget that we wanted to meet our own high standards."

Describing the DIY process as "very productive," the three respectfully added their own flair to make for a slightly different flavor, also revisiting various live renditions and "extending a solo here or slowing things down because that's what they tended to do on stage."

Titled "Vertigo", Zakk Sabbath's ode to the masters won't be available digitally, "to make the release feel authentic to the time when vinyl ruled the earth. It was such a cool time for those of us that grew up during that time. The fan experience with the physical product is irreplaceable with digital and streaming. We wanted to capture that authenticity."

The songs were faithfully recorded in the spirit of the original - live in the studio and with a film crew documenting the process - culminating in a new celebration of the greatest heavy metal band of all time and the record that started it all.
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

^ jenkkipainoksenhan pitäisi loppua Wicked Worldiin?
Sabbathman

Re: Zakk Sabbath

Post by Sabbathman »

US 1970

A1 Black Sabbath
A2 The Wizard
A3 Wasp
A4 Behind The Wall Of Sleep
A5 Bassically
A6 N.I.B.
B1 Wicked World
B2 A Bit Of Finger
B3 Sleeping Village
B4 Warning

UK 1970

A1 Black Sabbath
A2 The Wizard
A3 Behind The Wall Of Sleep
A4 N.I.B.
B1 Evil Woman, Don't Play Your Games With Me
B2 Sleeping Village
B3 Warning
Sabbathman

PARANOID: SUPER DELUXE EDITION

Post by Sabbathman »

Black Sabbathin Paranoid täyttää 50 vuotta – juhlan kunniaksi julkaistaan massiivinen vinyyliboksi
Uutiset Joni Juutilainen 6.8.2020

Black Sabbathin vuosi 1970 sisälsi kaksi klassikkoalbumia.

https://www.inferno.fi/uutiset/black-sa ... yyliboksi/

Black Sabbathin toinen albumi Paranoid täyttää 18. syyskuuta pyöreät 50 vuotta.

Todelliseksi klassikoksi kasvanut kiekko sisältää mm. War Pigsin, Paranoidin ja Iron Manin kaltaiset klassikot, ja ansaitsee Rhino Recordsin mukaan viiden vinyylin mittaisen juhlapainoksen.

Peruslevyn lisäksi kuullaan albumin 4.0 surround sound -remiksaus sekä kolme livelevyä vuodelta 1970. Ensimmäinen liveistä on taltioitu hieman ennen Paranoidin ilmestymistä ja kaksi muuta Paranoidin julkaisun jälkeen.

Mukana on myös kovakantinen kirja, josta löytyy asiaankuuluvaa sisältöä kuvineen ja haastatteluineen.

Virallisesti 10. syyskuuta ilmestyvä boksi on ennakkotilattavissa täältä:

Black Sabbath
PARANOID: SUPER DELUXE EDITION
$109.98
Pre-order - released on: 10/9/2020
https://store.rhino.com/artist/black-sa ... ition.html

PARANOID:  SUPER DELUXE EDITION includes the original album, in addition to a rare 1974 Quad Mix of the album folded down to stereo, plus two concerts from 1970, from Montreux and Brussels, that are pressed on vinyl for the first time. The five-LP set comes with a hardbound book with extensive liner notes featuring interviews with all four band members, rare photos, and memorabilia, a poster, as well as a replica of the tour book sold during the Paranoid tour.
Sabbathman

PARANOID 50

Post by Sabbathman »

Soittakaa Paranoid! 50 v. tänään. Tietää mikä vinyyli pyörähtää iltasella...

https://www.soundi.fi/jutut/black-sabba ... kon-salat/
Munamankeli

Re: PARANOID 50

Post by Munamankeli »

Sabbathman wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:58 am Soittakaa Paranoid! 50 v. tänään. Tietää mikä vinyyli pyörähtää iltasella...

https://www.soundi.fi/jutut/black-sabba ... kon-salat/
Paranoidin sijasta voisi soittaa jotain muuta hienolta levyltä, mutta kelpaahan sekin paremman puutteessa. Itse asiassa Jake E. Leen soittamana se kuulostaa tuoreelta.
https://www.impe.fi/reviews/1/21324

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i84UI4ZV8WA
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Youtubessa tuli vastaan mielenkiintoinen uusi tuttavuus, outtake Dehumanizerin sessioista, ja Cozy Powell rummuissa!
Artist: Black Sabbath
Song: The Next Time

unreleased track from Dehumanizer Sessions (1992)

Ronnie James Dio – vocals
Tony Iommi – guitars
Geezer Butler – bass
Cozy Powell – drums
https://youtu.be/PhjXJ-qnNKw

edit: maaliskuun alussa Geoff Nichollsin perikunta postasi tällaisen, Slap Backin, joka on mahdollisesti Heaven And Hellin demosessioista ja kenties Dio itse bassossa.

https://youtu.be/jG758iBHa_Y
Sabbathman

Iommi: Scent Of Dark

Post by Sabbathman »

Toxic Enema

Post by Toxic Enema »

Menkööt tähän ketjuun kun tuli mieleen mielenkiintoinen yksityiskohta RJD:n muistelmista juuri Black Sabbathiin liitymisen ajoilta. Ronnie jäi poliiseille kiinni kokaiinin nuuskaisemisesta. Wendy Dio kirjoittaa: "Hän ei enää koskaan koskenutkaan kokaiiniin tai mihinkään muuhunkaan paitsi ehkä poltteli vähän maria silloin tällöin."

Kuitenkin Yngwie Malmsteenin toisen käden lähteisiin perustuvassa kirjassa se oli juuri Ronnie, joka vihki Yngwien kokaiinin käyttäjäksi vuoden 1985 tienoilla. Imperiumin päihdeasiantuntijat: kumpi valehtelee?